Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Santee - Week #57 - June 3, 2014


Hola familia!
 
I don't have much time to email again so I'll just tell you a couple cool things/miracles really fast.
 
--The Gonzalez-Ambriz family are progressing so well!! We had some miracle lessons with them this week. They opened up to us a lot. The dad, who used to run and hide in his room when the missionaries would come over, finally accepted a baptismal invitation! When we invited him he said yes, and then all the kids were like, "I want to get baptized too! No I want to get baptized! No me first!" So we were like, "Children, children, calm down. You can all get baptized." Hahaha I love this family so stinkin' much. The parents just need to get married. They're getting closer and closer, they just have a few things to work out. I'm pretty sure all your prayers are working. Keep on prayin'!
 
--Had a super awesome Mission Leadership Council yesterday. It was President Clayton's last one before they go home this month. It sad because we're going to miss them, but it was so powerful. He talked a lot about opposition and how Satan is very upset with the good things happening in San Diego and how hard he's working to mess things up before the new mission president arrives. There has been a lot of opposition and hard things that have been happening to missionaries in the mission. When opposition comes, we just need to be prepared to fight back twice as hard and we will always win. We've all learned that the mission is just the beginning of the rest of our lives. It's preparing us to be soldiers in the Lord's army forever. I feel that.
 
I love you. I love this work. Have a wonderful week!
 
Hermana Barnes
 
 
Picture:
1) A group of us missionaries headed to the USS Midway Military ship museum tour down in San Diego on p-day last week. Highly recommended. You boys would be all over that.



No comments:

Post a Comment