Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Santee - Week #54 - May 13, 2014

Drop and find boys, drop and find.




Hola familia!

It was so good to talk to you all on Mother's Day! Even if it was only a short amount of time, it was great. Is it just me, or is every single person's voice getting lower as time goes on? How low can it go? Sheesh!
Crazy week this week:

--I got to go back to RAMONA this week!!!! We went on exchanges. LOVED it! I had some crazy flashbacks while we were there, but it was super fun to see all the awesome work that has been done since I left. The members are still on fire!
 --Right after the exchange, Sister Hess and I had to rush back and teach part of Zone Meeting again. It went well!
--Then the next day, we went on another exchange in City Heights. I LOVED it as well! It was so fun and different to work in the city for a day because I'm used to small towns like Ramona and Santee. There are people EVERYWHERE so it was fun to meet so many on the streets. It takes all kinds of people to make a world... that's for sure. One of my favorite parts of missionary work is just meeting so many diverse people every day. San Diego is a melting pot. Everyone has their own story, and if you just ask, they usually tell you. I love this culture.

Keep praying for our area and our investigators. We have been dropping a lot of investigators lately and are looking forward to a miraculous-finding week this week. Before my mission, I thought "dropping investigators" was a rare, sad occasion. But in order to find and focus on the most prepared, you need to drop and find, drop and find. If you always prayerfully drop investigators, they will have another opportunity when they're ready to progress, whether it be in this life or in the Spirit World. Heavenly Father prepared all the work we're doing looooong before we got here. So all is well!

The Gonzalez are still doing well, they have been out of town though. They also need your prayers.
I can't believe it's already been a transfer being with Sister Hess with this cool calling. Time is flying by way too fast. I say that every week. A few of the things I've gained a greater testimony of this transfer:

--The mission is just preparing you to be a missionary for the rest of eternity.

--The mission is helping you learn how to really love people.

--Many missionaries fear going home because they're afraid they won't be as close to the spirit as they were on their missions. It's false! If you expect your relationships with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost to be even stronger after your mission, they can be! We have the choice.

I love you! Keep praying for those missionary opportunities!

Hermana Barnes
Picture:
Potato rock mountains. Welcome back to Ramona!


No comments:

Post a Comment