Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chula Vista - Week #46 - Mar 18, 2014

Ivette and Freshte's baptism! Stop hiding your talents...

Hola familia!
 
This. week. was. CRAZY!!!  IVETTE AND FRESHTE GOT BAPTIZED!!! WAHOO!!!! HAPPIEST DAY EVER. It was an awesome baptism and it was a full house a well. Our mission president, President Clayton, and his wife even came. Ivette and Freshte were so happy and peaceful. They both bore their testimonies at the end and brought the spirit so strong. I love them!!
 
Guess what family... you're not going to believe this. But I sang a solo in front of hundreds of people on Sunday at the Mission President's fireside... Scariest thing of my LIFE!! Where did that come from?! Finally, after 20 years of ignoring all of you who told me to stop hiding my voice, I did it. It really was a testimony builder for me to see that when you get the courage to share your talents, Heavenly Father really does strengthen you and bless you with more. Hermana Capareda and I did a duet to "Asombro me da" (I Stand All Amazed) and we each had long solos. I still can't believe I actually agreed to do it. What?! I was able to perform in two other musical numbers that night as well, one of them I accompanied Sister Hess on the piano, and the other one I sang the alto part in "Senor, te necesito" (I Need Thee Every Hour) with Hermana McBride on the ukele and two other Elders. Manuel, our recent convert, was selected to be one of the speakers at the fireside as well. The spirit was super strong! A bunch of members from my first area, Ramona, even came to the fireside. Ahh! My heart! It was such a stinkin' cool night. Moral of the story: If you have a talent you are hiding, STOP THAT. SHARE THAT. I can finally say that without being so hypocritical.
 
I'm out of time, but I love you!! Go make someone smile! Have a wonderful week!
 
Hermana Barnes
 
Pictures:
1) Beautiful baptism
2) The amazing Hermana Coca gave us lunch boxes so we could eat lunch in between meetings at church because we pretty much live there on Sundays. How cool is she?! Super cool.
3) Me, Hermana McBride, and the newest members of the church right after their baptism :) I love those ladies so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment