Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chula Vista - Week #40 - Feb 4, 2014

Happy Hump Day!

Mi familia!

Manuel, the one who got baptized a couple weeks ago, baptized another investigator on Saturday! So cool!! I know I talk about how solid Manuel is every week, but he is just so stinkin' cool. He blessed the sacrament the very next day. What a rockstar.

This past Fast Sunday, the whole state of California did a big fast for rain to help with the drought. And the very next day... IT RAINED!!! HALLELUJAH IT'S RAININ' RAIN! It's been raining today, too! The Law of the Fast is real I tell ya!

We have started teaching the Shacht family a little more and they are so awesome! They come to church every week and are really wanting to know the truth. The dad has so many good questions. They have such a real desire, it's sweet. They aren't married so it may be a process before they get baptized. But it will happen, I know it.

Hermana McBride, my companion, got the stomach flu really bad this past week so we've had to stay in for a few days. I went on exchanges with the other sisters for a while so we could work our area and see some of our investigators. Hermana McBride has gone through a lot this transfer. Please keep her in your prayers. Missions are hard but it helps to know you have a lot of people praying for you and for your investigators. It's been interesting to see that while a mission brings out the worst in you sometimes, it brings out the best in you at the same time. Ether 12:27 explains it better than I can. A mission is just a big, wonderful, refiner's fire. Haha it's the best thing in the world.

Well, it was my hump day on Saturday (half-way mark). I have mixed emotions for sure. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Are you guys still praying that it'll go by super fast? Stop that... haha love you. Have a great week.

Hermana Barnes


Pictures:
1) Reunion of the four of us inseparable hermanas from our MTC district!
2) You can see downtown San Diego from the hospital by our apartment. I live here?



No comments:

Post a Comment