Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chula Vista - Week #36 - Jan 7, 2014

Solid Semana

Hermosa Familia!

What an emotional week. I was very saddened to find out about dear Aunt Glenna. She was an exceptional woman and has blessed so many lives. I love her and she will be missed. My gratitude for the Plan of Salvation increases ten-fold every time a loved one passes. I know there was a party in the Celestial Kingdom when she passed, that's for sure.

Manuel is set to be baptized this Saturday!! Wahoo!!!! Please, please, please add him to your prayers. He is so solid and so converted. Another cool fact about him: He speaks 6 languages and probably knows the Book of Mormon better than most members by now. The other day, he told us he finished the Book of Mormon and started over and is making sure he really studies it and understands the doctrine. Who is this guy?! That is one prepared soul right there.

I'm staying in this blessed place with the wonderful Hermana McBride for another transfer!! Hallelujah!

Remember what I told you last week about member missionary work? Well, Chula Vista is getting lit on FIRE with member missionary work this week!! We have a few member families who are fellowshipping our investigators like crazy! We don't even have to  tell them anymore. They have basically been setting up appointments with them by themselves and then letting us know the plan. Now that is member-missionary team work right there! Wahoo!! So sweet.

Something hit me this week. I was studying 3 Nephi 11, when Christ comes to the Americas, and something really caught my attention. In verse 17 it talks about the people falling to their knees to worship. I asked myself the question, "Am I helping my investigators get to the point of 'falling to their knees' to worship instead of just going through the motions?... Am I 'falling to my knees' to worship instead of just going through the motions?" This week I am going to ask myself that question every day and make sure I am really worshipping, really serving with all my heart. It's going to be a good week. I invite you to do the same!

I love you all! I just want to send out a huge THANK YOU to all the cute Christmas cards and packages! I loved every single one of them! I will work on writing individual thank you cards to you, but if that doesn't happen until next year, just know that I love you and appreciate all of you so much. Tengan una buena semana!!

Les quiero,

Hermana Barnes

Picture:
1) Nellie, a recent convert, and her brother with his solid family who we are going to start teaching. They look like they're from Utah, right? They're both from Mexico and they rock!
2) Willy! Funniest old hispanic guy in the world who loves to dance and sing for us every time we go over there. He will get baptized someday.





No comments:

Post a Comment