SAN DIEGO, HERE I COME!!
Hola!They gave us a little bit of time to email while we do laundry one last time before we leave. I leave for San Diego TOMORROW at 5 a.m.!!! WAHOO!! I can't believe the time has finally come. I have absolutely LOVED my experience here at the MTC, but I am so excited to get out to the field to start spreading this beautiful gospel. Excited/anxious/nervous/happy/
A lot of awesome things happened this week at the MTC... let's see. I got to host the new missionaries again and guess how many new missionaries reported to the MTC this week... 944!!! Can you believe that?! It is a record-breaking amount of missionaries reporting at the MTC in a week, which record will probably continue to be broken every week. Although the MTC is becoming more and more crowded each week, it is SO cool to see how many people are willing to dedicate themselves to the Lord. The Lord's work is definitely hastening on! Because of the large amounts of missionaries, starting this week the Tuesday Devotionals will now be held in the Marriott Center instead of the MTC. Crazy? Yeah. Also, because of the large amounts of missionaries in the U.S., tracting is pretty much going to be done away with. Member referrals are going to be the main way to find investigators because there will soon be more than one companionship of missionaries in most wards. AHH!! So stinkin' awesome. The answer to President Monson's announcement in October absolutely amazes me.
A few things I've learned at the MTC or that have helped me at the MTC:
1. Forgetting about yourself and putting your companion first will make everything so much easier
2. Humility is key to success in every aspect of the work and life in general
3. Continually praying for charity is absolutely necessary
4. You can't convert anyone past your own conversion... so begin now converting yourself more and more to the Gospel every single day.
5. We are nothing without the Lord and the Spirit to guide us.
6. Dedicating yourself COMPLETELY to the Lord is absolutely key to success
Well, I love you all!! Next time you hear from me I will be in... SAN DIEGO!!! LES AMO MUCHO!!
Con amor de CCM one last time,