Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MTC - Week #3 - May 21, 2013

3 down, 3 to go!

Hola mi familia bonita y amigos bonitos!
 
Wow, this week has FLOWN by! So many things happened in such a short time.  First of all, thank you so much for all the packages this week!! You guys are the best!! I loved the package with the lotions and all of the cards from the kids.  And you were right, Carter's was my favorite ;) I don't have the Woods' email address or home address, but please tell them I LOVED the cupcakes they sent! They were divine. Tell them thank you so much for me.  Kelsi Jensen also sent me some delicious chocolate popcorn and she's actually reporting to the MTC tomorrow so I will see her pretty soon!  But yeah, I probably gained like 10 pounds from all the love I received in the mail this week.  Thank you again, I seriously appreciate it so much! 
 
Let's see... oh yeah! Russell M. Nelson spoke at the devotional this week, it was so wonderful!! The first thing he said was, "I bring greetings from the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, to each and every one of you missionaries." I got major chills when he said that. We were truly in the presence of an apostle of God.  He talked a little bit about missionary work and it made me that much more excited to get out to the field!  I still absolutely love it at the MTC though, much more than I thought I would.  Every day is a new learning experience and I feel my testimony growing way more than I expected.  It's so awesome! Another lady that came and spoke said something that really hit me... "You need to answer 'yes' to your mission call every day when you wake up. It's a new commitment that you continually need to put forth your best effort in every day." Something to think about that applies to all members, not just full-time missionaries.
 
Let's see, I got called as the Music Coordinator in my branch which I was super excited about. I've been playing the piano every week for sacrament meeting, it's the best. I also get to play the piano for all the musical numbers.  This coming Sunday, my companion and I are singing a duet for the special musical number in sacrament meeting.  This will be the closest both my companion and I have come to singing a solo in front of everyone but we're actually really excited! We are going to sing part of the song in Spanish so we'll see how it goes. We haven't decided exactly which song yet, but it'll be good for us to both conquer our fears. And no dad, you can't come ;)  Oh I've loved seeing the Mansfields every Sunday, they are so wonderful.  It's crazy how many people I see that I know!  I see Sister Hannah Lutz, Sister Rachel Leishman, Sister Kindia Du Plessis, and a bunch of other friends from BYU like 5 times a day! It's great! And I used to see Sister Justina Quezada every day because her classroom was right down the hall from mine but she left to Arcadia California this week. I'll send some pictures of some of the people I've been seeing.
 
Hermana Nielsen and I taught our second investigator for the first time this week and... we committed him to baptism already!! Wahoo! It was such a neat experience.  We still have a lot to teach him, but we fulfilled our purpose by inviting him! It's weird how much a fake investigator can really come to life and become so real.  We pray for our two investigators every day and each time we pray for them our love increases.  I can't wait to see what it'll be like to have real investigators out in the field.  The Spanish language is really starting to come.  It's amazing to see how much progress I've made these past three weeks.  I definitely couldn't do this without the Lord on my side though... for real.  One of the members of the MTC presidency said at the beginning, "If you focus on learning the language of the Spirit first, the rest of the language will come." So in reality, speaking Spanish is the last priority here at the MTC.  It's so awesome to see how much the spirit helps you speak the language. We just need to keep focusing on what's most important, truly understanding the doctrines.  The Spirit is the best teacher EVER.
 
Well, I still love my companion and my district... and my zone! The oldest district left this morning and it was so hard to say good-bye. It's crazy how close you can get to people in such a short amount of time. We are with them pretty much all day every day, but I haven't gotten sick of them yet! Haha. I hope you are all still doing well. It sounds like it from what I hear! Congratulations on finding a house! It's beautiful too, sheesh! I want to see more pictures! Physical pictures are great because then I actually have time to look at them since we don't have much time on email. But I love hearing about how you're all doing! I love you and pray for you every day.  I know that this is the Lord's work and I am so blessed to have this opportunity to serve Him.  Well I love you all so much!  Tell Madi that I love her more than a chocolate ocean.  Have an absolutely marvelous week!
 
Con amor de CCM,
 
Hermana Barnes



 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment