Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MTC - Week #2 - May 14, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!
 
Como estas?!  It's hard to believe that I've already been here for two weeks.  I am still really enjoying my time at the MTC.  The Spirit I have felt here is INCREDIBLE. I can't even express in words how it feels to be here. But I love it!!  I don't even know where to start... Oh yeah, so for Relief Society this week, Janice Kapp Perry came and spoke to us and it was so awesome!! She's the one who wrote a ton of primary songs and hymns. (I Love to See the Temple, Love is Spoken Here, Child's Prayer, As Sisters in Zion, I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus, etc.)  The whole relief society (all sister missionaries at the MTC) stood up and sang a lot of her songs together, and literally not one sister was left in that room without tears in her eyes. It was extremely powerful, especially when we sang a new verse to "As Sisters in Zion" that she wrote about missionary work. If you get the chance, look up the words to the new verse in that song.
 
Aside from the spiritual high I've gotten this week, I've also had to learn a lot of patience. Sometimes it would be nice to be fluent in Spanish... actually all of the time. I took advantage of the time I was able to speak English... haha. But my Spanish really is coming slowly.  I'm actually surprised at how much I can speak the language already... I still have many mountains of Spanish to learn though, don't get too excited. Spanish is so fun though! Especially when the Spirit helps you out, so pretty much in every lesson that me and my companion teach.  We have two "investigators" right now that we are teaching, one from Chile and one from Dominican Republic (our investigators are our teachers who are acting like one of their investigators from their own missions). The Spirit is such a cool thing. My testimony grows stronger EVERY DAY.
 
Anyway, I still love my companion and the other Hermanas in my district. They're all super awesome!! I'll send some pictures with this email so you can see. We are inseparable (by choice and by obedience ;) But in all seriousness, we have way too much fun together.  We've been playing a lot of volleyball AND beach volleyball during gym time with our zone. Gym time is the BEST!!!! It keeps us all sane.  Haha well a ton has happened this week but for some reason I can't remember everything so you'll have to stay in tune until next week!! I  LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!
 
Hermana Barnes
 
P.S. Don't forget about DearElder! It's way easier than writing letters and better than email (look it up on google, it's the greatest invention) Love you!
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Bri's familia, thanks for sharing :)! 'Tis inspiring!

    ReplyDelete