Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ramona - Week #26 - October 29, 2013

Consecrati​on, hope, love for loving people
 
Mi familia amada!
  
I loved this week. President Clayton's wife invited all of the missionaries to read, "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" and then apply it. I invite all of you to read that talk, it's intense! And it doesn't just apply to missionaries, it applies to every member. Becoming consecrated is such a process, but is so possible. I've been setting small goals to help me get there. I've learned so much this past week to just enjoy every moment--every chance to love someone, every chance to learn something, every chance to serve someone, every difficult trial to overcome. Time is just going by too fast to take any moment for granted here. I don't even want to say this but it's already been 6 months... Dad stop praying for the time to fly! Haha.
 
I had to give a talk on hope in District Meeting the other day. Hope is such a deep word. Man, I love hope. Hope is what has gotten me and what gets me through everything. Having the opportunity to give people hope is one of those things that just melts my heart. I don't know if it's just part of wearing the plaque or if this part of me has been uncovered more on the mission, but my heart has been so sensitive to people--their feelings, their situations, everything. I'm so much more emotional, it's embarrassing! Haha. I feel like I've been able to love and understand people more in the way that Christ would. Yeah okay it's definitely not me. Haha but I don't want this gift to go away when I come home! I have a love for loving people. It's amazing how much God can expand our hearts as missionaries. I love this work.
 
3 of our investigators, Lupe, Estrella, and Oscar have a baptismal date for November 23! Pray that Satan leaves them alone. Haha I'll keep you updated on them. One of the members in our branch got his mission call to the Utah Salt Lake City West mission! Speaking Spanish! Wahoo! Everyone was totally making jokes that he'd get sent to Utah and it totally happened. Mwuahaha. Keep a look out for an Elder Cesar Chavez, he'll be coming in with a boom at the end of December! Shout out to Debbie Byrne who enters the MTC tomorrow! Wahoo!! Brazil is not going to know what hit them! Happy Halloween this week! Love you! 
 
Hermanita Barnes
 
Pictures:
1. Check out that sunset!! Ramona has some of the coolest sunsets in the world!
2. If this isn't a cowboy town, I don't know what is.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment