Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ramona - Week #9 - July 2, 2013

Temple, dog bite, miracles, etc.
 
Hola Familia!
I don't have a lot of time to email today because... we got to go to the temple today!! WAHOO!! All temples are like Heaven on Earth, but that San Diego temple killed me! Man it is absolutely incredible!! I'll send a picture.
Guess what happened this week? I became a real missionary!! How, you ask? I got bit by a dog!! Right on my ankle! Hahaha. I have a big red mark and bruise now, it's actually pretty cool. The owner felt so bad, but it really wasn't that bad and the dog didn't have rabies or anything so no worries.  The day before it happened, I told my companion that I wasn't a real missionary until I got chased away by an angry dog.  I think Heavenly Father has a sense of humor because I got bitten the very next day, and then  every single day after that, I either got chased, or almost bitten again! Haha.

What else does it take to be a real missionary? Maybe you shouldn't tell me.
Before I forget, HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY MADISEN!!! I know I'm late, but please tell her I love her so much, more than a chocolate ocean AND a beach full of chocolate M&M sand.  I hope she had a wonderful birthday.  And I hope you all have an awesome 4th of July this year!  All of the missionaries have to be back to the apartments at 6:00 p.m. for safety precautions. So I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing, but probably not partying like the rest of San Diego, haha.
Well, I love this work. Being able to expect miracles, and then witness them every day is an absolutely amazing blessing.  God is a God of miracles. I really love this scripture in Moroni 7:29: "And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." Miracles will never stop! Especially in the Lord's work. 
Well, I'm out of time but I will finish telling you about the miracles that happened this week next time. Stay tuned.  Les quiero tanto!
Hermana Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment