Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chula Vista - Week #32 - Dec 10, 2013

There can be miracles when you believe!!

Familia!
 
WHAT. A. WEEK. Oh man! I don't even know where to start. Things are getting lit on fire down here in Chula Vista!!! Even though it is much colder than you all think... sometimes it feels like good ol' Utah. So we had been struggling the last couple weeks to find new solid investigators so we started praying very specifically that we would find the people that God had prepared to receive the Gospel at this time. Ready for this? 
 
Miracle #1: We contacted the Sanchez family last week and they are so solid!! They came to church on Sunday and participated in all the classes. They accepted a baptismal date last night for Dec. 28!! Wahoo!!
 
Miracle #2: The Casto Family are friends of a member in the ward, and they've come to church twice and they participate in all the classes as well. I totally thought they were members at first. Wait for it...
 
Miracle #3: The Enrique family. We contacted Alberto Enrique and this is basically how the conversation went:
Alberto: "Is there a way I can get a Book of Mormon?"
Us: "Yes, Alberto, yes there is."
Alberto: "Okay great, I need to learn more. Can you hermanas teach me what I need to know?"
Us: "Yes, Alberto. Yes we can." 
Alberto: "Perfect. Also, I need to go to church. Do you have a church nearby that I can come to?"
Us: "Yes, Alberto, yes!!"
Ahh!! WHAT?!?! We have an appointment with him tomorrow and I am stoked! Haha I've got a lot of hope for this family.
 
Miracle #4: Manual! Oh man, basically the same scenario as Miracle #3. Where are all these prepared souls coming from?! Prayer is so real, people. Coolest week EVER!!
 
Love you all! Que tengan una buena semana!
 
Hermana Barnes
 
Pictures:
1) Mi componera Hermana McBride y yo
2) Our ugly sweater family district photo on p-day!
3) We got to take some investigators to see the temple lights! So beautiful and spiritual! I'll send more pictures later
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment